It is important for restaurants to adopt online restaurant reservation system to maximize their output. For better customer experience the restaurant must have an online platform. The best way to ensure an efficient system is by adopting the top table management systems, which will be discussed below.
The top 5 restaurant table management systems
The online system was started in 1999, where they offered the service of table reservation using their online platform. It began operations in San Francisco where they established several restaurants. The residents were satisfied with their services since the company offered quality. This system was used to create management systems for bars and nightclubs.
The first company to be established to host the first open table management system was in the United States of America. Over the years the trend on these managements has grown widely to other continents.
OpenTable allows users to find the best restaurant and bookings depending on the price and the most appropriate date.
If the customers see a slot in the dining table they send an email to verify their niche. In which later they will pay for the service online. Afterward, they are awarded loyalty points which will enable them to acquire services in another time at a discounted price. This device can download their application on the online stores which depends on the type of phone.
All these systems are linked by a website which supports the service provided to its clients. This restaurant online management systems have several benefits that the restaurant and customer gets, and they include:
- Customers can reserve their slot online without incurring any charges.
- Easy identification of remaining open table in a particular restaurant thus more comfortable managing.
- Less time is used to allocate the remaining slot without much supervising.
- When customers book an online restaurant, they get them at discounted prices thus making it a better way to schedule an open table than the physical approach to the restaurant.
Also, these management systems are used for inventory keeping thus keeping every record of the restaurant transaction. Therefore they can be a big help when auditing the restaurant accounts.
For a restaurant to adopt this type of systems, they must be willing to invest heavily in the online platform. Online platforms or policies have been a good uplift in the marketing of the restaurant products and services.
There are several approaches to OpenTable systems to mention a few, and they are:
a) Toast POS
It uplifts client services thus offering quality services.
It reduces costs and appraises employees positively towards their work. This kind of OpenTable system is used in bars, excellent dining tables and restaurant. It provides a site where you can customize groups and subgroups in the menu bar.
b) Touch Bistro
This is one of the OpenTable systems that has thrived widely creating a commercial system for a restaurant around the globe. This approach offers a fast response to the restaurant owner and the client in case they want to confirm some information.
For every system developed, it has some advantages and disadvantages that are experienced in the course of online system usage. They include:
- ✅A free demo is offered to the business to assure it with quality before they get subscribed to the online reservation systems.
- ✅Only the system administrators can change the information in the online system.
- ✅This systems offer free marketing to its customer a service given by search engines at a specific cost.
- ✅Their service is widely available since in the past years it has been purchasing several top table firms in the UK and other continents.
- ❌Some employees are fired so that the online reservation can perform their work first and efficiently
- ❌The operating expenses costs can be huge if no attention is given to system maintenance and upgrade.
2. Yelp reservations
Yelp Company was invented by former employees of the online paying platform called PayPal. Over the years it engaged itself in online marketing of products and services. They formed websites on behalf of companies.
Over the years we have seen that Yelp had devoted all its resources to marketing but in June 2010, a feature involving online restaurant reservations was added to their system.
The following is Yelp ratings that clients responded after enjoying their services:
- User satisfaction – 97%
- System efficiency – 9.3/10
This came to blow out the dominance of the OpenTable reservation systems. They offered stiff competition to OpenTable online reservation system. This made OpenTable step up their quality of the services they provide. The term Yelp reservation came as a result of acquirement of the company Seatme after the end of OpenTable – Yelp reservation partnership.
Also, this company offers advice to a company who are subscribed to their online reservation services. Their consultancy services may include adopting new ways to prevent shortcoming brought about by climate change.
After a particular survey online a third-party survey company confirmed that yelp most subscribers use mobile phones as the preferable way to access the online platform. Yelp companies have partnered with Apple devices Company in which the mobile app will be available in their apple store at a low price. Generally, this company has its advantages and disadvantages which are outlined below:
- ✅It is cheaper than OpenTable reservation system.
- ✅It contains reviews that help their users to know how the company operates and previous comments of last previous customers.
- ✅Help restaurants to enhance their advertising capabilities since marketing strategies used in this online reservation system are free of charge.
- ❌There is no allowed blogging feature for a restaurant with available reservation.
- ❌They do not offer the best customer service since the reviews made are restricted to online reservation.
3. Table In
This is an online reservation system which is used by the small-scale restaurant. The need for online reservation for the best small-scale restaurant has brought about emergence different companies developing their system.
It is also the simplest system to operate on your website. Also, this accounts can be linked to your social media accounts.
Also, this system offers trip advisory consultancy to its customers as a way to attract more clients in their network. Table In has developed a mobile app which is compatible with all smartphones and found in Google and Apple store. They offer one of the best small-scale reservation tables. Thus they spare the process of paperwork.
This system offers one of the cheapest reservation tables since they offer smaller amount than Yelp and OpenTable. It is necessary to have rating scale which ranks the Table in the system, and they include:
- User satisfaction – 81%
- System efficiency – 8.3/10
The middle-class families mostly choose this types of the system since they can handle the bills accrued when they book a table. Bookings in this type of system is a 24hr platform where they reserve their slot in the fine dining restaurant. However, even though it more regarded by many people is also has its advantages and disadvantages. They include:
- ✅It has a low maintenance cost which the company does not strain when disposing of their revenue for repairs.
- ✅It easy to understand for new customers thus reducing the time used during online reservation.
- ✅Its mobile App is compatible with all smartphones thus making it widely accepted.
- ❌Has few customers than any other online reservation systems.
- ❌Their website does not handle a significant amount of information like Yelp and OpenTable websites.
This online reservations system offers a free trial to its customers. This software is used in reservations management, table managing and wait for list management.
For a customer to enjoy Hostme they must pay a starting price which is $10.00 per month. Also if the free trial which expires after some period.
One may need a continuous which is offered by paying $50 per month for unlimited access to the system. In the part of customer service, they have done it all. It also has a simple software which every individual could use.
The scale-up of their effectiveness and customer satisfaction is reviewed below:
- User satisfaction – 85%
- System efficiency – 8.9/10
Below are the listings of the pros and cons.
- ✅Easy to use and compatible with all mobile devices.
- ✅Allows users to interact freely with the company.
- ✅It is mostly accepted than EveEve reservation system.
- ❌It is not valid than Table In since their systems are of low quality than the one that Table In uses.
- ❌It does not offer the best customer service to their clients.
This company is the last online reservation system that this article will discuss. Being discussing the best quality companies Eveve is no exemption. It was found by easing price accrued during online reservation. Having a great meal helps our body to react differently to the dining.
This kind of system sites the best dishes and the restaurant involved in the making. The website offers the date which the meal will be available to the public.
This system is widely used by many people who like dining different meals under different environment. The spacious restaurant needs this type of system on their website since it will be able to hold many clients at a time.
- ✅Has the best motives concerning the systems since it offers the best and creative meals in different hotels.
- ✅This type of system is better than Table In since it offers service to large and small scale restaurants.
- ✅It has software that enables it mobile users to enjoy their services.
- ❌It does not offer the best choice on restaurants, but it concentrates more on the dishes cooked by skilled chefs.
- ❌Not widely used since it offers a service to a small geographical area.
The discussed reservation systems are the best there is. Their features have made online blogging move to another level.
In the years to come, we have to expect the best from the reservations system. They have also improved the mobile software. Due to this kind of partnership online marketing will increase. From each system, the pros are more than the cons thus making them more critical to the society.